What a self-sacrifice. All thanks to this courageous dog Molly and her grandmother survived
Donna De Luca and her husband adore their four-legged fellow, and not in vain.
After all, he rescued the two most assailable members of their family from a toxic snake. Thanks to this courageous dog both the seven-year-old Maul and his 75-year-old grandmother survived that day.
The family was sorrowed by the death of their old dog.
So, eventually, they made a decision to send me to kindergarten. So, a two-year-old German Shepherd appeared in their house.
They named the new pet House. Dani’s husband did not communicate with him initially, but after a while House still managed to please him.
Thus, at the time of the occurrence, the dog had already become a full as well as a beloved member of the De Luca family. Maybe that’s why he had to defend Molly from a toxic snake.
Initially, no one understood what was occurring. And Molly was even terrified when she noticed that her beloved dog with a warlike look hurried to the lawn in front of her all of a sudden.
It soon became obvious that there really was a fight.
The dog began to cry, apparently in severe pain. The family instantly picked him up and carried him to the vet at Blue Pearl Veterinary Partners.
It turned out that the dog had been bitten by at least three snakes. According to veterinarians, he was injured during a fight with a viper.
And, probably, the highly toxic rattlesnake, is considered one of the most dangerous snake species in the United States.
The antitoxin that weakens the strength of the snake’s venom is used in very small quantities, but it’s very expensive.
In such cases, the usual dose is one or two ampoules.
Nevertheless, the veterinarians weren’t certain how toxic the dog’s body was, so they recommended an IV. Despite this, for some time it seemed to everyone that this battle would be the ultimate one for House.
The family has come to terms with the fact that their beloved dog sacrificed himself to rescue Molly’s and her grandmother’s lives. There was no hope that he would survive.
However, the IV eventually worked. House regained consciousness, and the danger was over. After a week, he managed to return home.